Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tag - You're It!

Hey all. My friend Jen (aka The Southern Snowball) has tagged me in a post. Here's her description of the impending game of tag. She was tagged by Flutterbot, so to quote her quoting her (are you as confused as I am?):



Since yesterday was my birthday I have decided to start a Wiki Birthday Meme because it sounds pretty interesting. Heres how it works, go to Wikipedia type in your birthday (only month and day). Then you list 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and then you tag 5 friends.


So, here are my items... so very exciting for us all!

EVENTS

708 - Copper coins are minted in Japan for the first time (Traditional Japanese date: August 10, 708).

1533 - Spanish conquest of the Inca Empire: Inca emperor Atahualpa is executed in Cajamarca by the garrote by Spanish invaders known as Conquistadores.

1991 - Supreme Soviet suspends all activities of the Soviet Communist Party.

BIRTHS

1915 - Ingrid Bergman, Swedish actress (d. 1982)

1958 - Michael Jackson, American singer (I shudder to think we share the same birthday)

HOLIDAY

Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day.


Since I've just started this blog, I can't really tag anyone. However, if you read this and would like to follow suit - please feel free!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for taking on the TAG! Post in my entry so everyone can see you did it, and then they can come look at your list....

Gurnal said...

It disturbs me that I have the same birthday as Katie Couric (granted she had it first).

I think I can take her.

It's kind of the same way wou feel about sharing a b'day with the King of Pop.

You have my sympathy.

Gurnal said...

Sorry...I can't type.